- Papers must be submitted via Web upload only. Papers transmitted or sent in any other form will not be considered for the writing competition.
- Students must submit their papers by 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time) on December 16, 2013. Under no circumstances will any paper be considered unless it is submitted by the deadline and in the required format.
All students must have previously achieved a baccalaureate degree or equivalent from an accredited institution and must be enrolled in an ABA-accredited law program in the United States on the date of submission.
- No paper that has been previously published in any form will be considered; however, papers written for scholarly classes will be allowed as long as they have not been published.
- DISH® is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions that occur as a result of entering this competition. If, for any reason, the competition is not capable of running as planned, DISH® reserves the right in its sole and unequivocal discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, delay, or suspend the competition.
- By entering a submission, the student represents that: (1) he/she is the sole author and copyright holder of the paper; (2) that all materials submitted are free from any lien or claim by anyone; (3) the student has all rights, permissions and licenses necessary to use the paper for any purpose; (4) that no paper or any part thereof infringes any trademark or copyright or otherwise violates anyone’s right of privacy or publicity.
- By entering a submission, the student understands and agrees that (1) the student relinquishes any and all rights to the submission and that it will not be returned, and (2) DISH® and its agents may use the submission, in whole or in part, including any non-winning submissions, in any fashion and for any purpose, and without compensation, including but not limited to use in promotional materials related to the DISH® "Best in Class" eDiscovery Legal Research and Writing Competition.
- The competition winner and runners-up will be notified no later than December 31, 2013, via e-mail. DISH® reserves the right to publish the names of winners through press releases or other public statements.
- Arrangements for the fulfillment of the first-place prize will be made by DISH®. All prizes are non-transferable. Upon receipt of any part of the prize, prize recipients are required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations. All expenses, including taxes, on receipt and use of prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- This competition is VOID WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. Employees of DISH® and its affiliates and Redgrave LLP are not eligible. By participating in this competition, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and by the decisions of DISH® and Redgrave LLP whose decisions are final in all matters relating to this competition.
- No purchase is necessary to enter.
|Sponsored By: || |
In Conjunction With: